We are currently in the process of assessing how race training will take place in the near future. Please can all members complete this form by Monday 29th June, 9am at the latest.
If you have any questions, please contact me directly.
Firstly I’d like to start by thanking Steve who was really supportive when I had a meeting with him to discuss returning to training.
Secondly, thank you to all the members who have been patient whilst waiting to receive more information.
As some of you may be aware, SSE (Snowsport England) have released guidelines which limit the athlete/coach ratio (1-5 currently). The club, coaches and slope cannot go against this as this could leave parties mentioned above uninsured.
This is causing some background issues for the us to deal with, such as;
– we have more than 5 athletes turning up to any one session
– Booking/allocation of athletes to sessions with the current limit in mind to ensure everyone has an opportunity
– Practical implications COVID-19 is going to have on coaching
*Although, the slope will be open from the 8th July with revised opening hours, race training will NOT be starting until mid/late July at the earliest. This is a target date and is subject to change. *
The reason for this delay is to give the slope time to settle into operating with their new procedures, but also to give us time to see if SSE change their guidelines.
In the near future race training will not be as we once knew it and particular measures will have to be put into place. These will likely be sent out at the end of this month/start of next month. Please keep a look out for these details.
Finally, for those that have an annual pass with the slope, Steve has also confirmed that this will cover free skiing at the slope. Please take this opportunity to ski at the slope and take paying friends and family to support our slope start back up.